Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012

My Christmas 2012

Sorry for no posts last week but finally getting better also meant I got around to do all the stuff that I couldn't do the weeks before...in other words...I was super busy and around all the time last week ;)
But: here goes the super long Christmas-week post!

Well I obviously survived the 21st (as we all did) Soooo... here we come with some new Christmas traditions! (Apart from all the Egg Nog I got introduced too (I never ever had it before!...) And it's seriously seriously good!) here is what my Christmas week looked like.

I just mentioned the Egg Nog and as it turned out: That one is pretty awesome for french toast too!

Just combine:
2 1/2 cups Egg Nog
2 Eggs
Cinnamon
Dip/Soak your bread. Fry it in a pan with a bit of butter. Sprinkle with icing sugar and (as for me) soak it in maple syrup. Yumminess!
(Makes a comfy breakfast and even better with a cozy Christmas movie!)

On Sunday I went to see the lights in Stanley Park together with my (host)sister and some friends. It is a smaller area, which they decorated entirely with millions and millions of lights. You can meet Santa (several) and drink hot chocolate or eat organic popcorn :) And...if you're tough enough to stand in line... you can do a train ride. We were not. But the lights by themselves are already pretty enough! (And it's FREE!)

Super snowy mountain
A tiny Christmas village with twinkling lights and everything...and "If we can fit Santa, we can fit anyone" :P
Entrance...
Lights

I spent Christmas eve with my family.
My host mum made an amazing dinner and we went to see more lights after we unwrapped our presents. (Oh and I love our small Christmas tree which was not able to cover all the presents :P)

Since we don't want to waste any time (time is money, right!?) I had to do something before dinner...guess what I did :P

The Christmas tree stood on top of the drawer...too many presents :D
My host dad Ernesto, Paul, me and Pasc
Here we go tiny Christmas tree ♥
Turkey, spring rolls and more good food which was brought in after I took this picture...bummer...but oh well
Someone has to start...
Right, here we go!
After lots and lots and lots of food: Presents (and even more pictures)
On our after-dinner-light-walk
And the best host parents ever!

Christmas day was spent with my boyfriend (more Egg Nog french toast :D) and I discovered the craze of boxing day shopping on Wednesday...which I'll never do again by the way (only if I'd get up at 5AM...but who wants to wake up at 5AM on the 26th of December!?)

I'm back to work today and Friday but there is another long weekend ahead, with saying goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013.
It was definitely a crazy year but I'm stoked for the next one even more! (New Years makes me either super emotional or super giddy and active...I guess this year it's a mixture of both! :D).
So I'll spend my evening today organizing all my lists (Bucket lists, what I want to do next year list, what I did this year list...quite...list-overloaded...)

Oh! And I had a discussion over if the Grinch is green or yellow. (Feel free to leave your opinion. I think he's yellow!!) ...that totally IS yellow....right!?


And the my days in Canada section got updated finally! So more pictures over there again ;)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen